Google Voice Search is a Google product, first released on May 20, 2012. Google Voice Search is also known as Search by Voice. Google voice search allows users to use Google Search by speaking on a mobile phone or computer. It means the user can look for data in Google by speaking.
In the early days, Google voice was only available for the U.S. English locale, but now it is available worldwide. From 2014, a user can add up to five languages, and Google Voice search will automatically understand the spoken language.
Google Voice search is only supported by the Google Chrome browser, so if you want to use this facility on your phone or computer, then you must have a Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. Some of the key benefits of Google Voice Search are:
- It allows user to do multitask more easily
- It enables the user to do the search faster than other devices
- It empowers the user to instantly get answers and information
- It makes the user’s daily routine easier
How to Delete Google Voice Search History from PC
While using Google voice search, we have to remember that Google keeps all our search history stored on our Google account.Whether you are using Google voice search on your android device, Computer, laptop,or use the Voice Search functionality on Google Chrome web browser,all these search queries automatically get stored on your Google account.
Though there is nothing to worry about as Google isn’t going to use the informationfor malicious activity, in case you are not comfortable in storing this information, then you can follow our expert guidance on how to delete Google voice search history from PC.
How to Delete Google Voice Search History
- Login to your Google account from the Chrome browser
- Now, from the Google Activity Panel, access your voice search history
- Click on the three dots at the right end of voice search bar
- It will open up a drop-down menu
- From the drop-down menu select delete results
- When asked to Delete all results matching this search and filter, hit the Delete button
How to Prevent Google from Recording Voice Search History
Deleting the voice search history isn’t the permanent solution if Google keeps storing your search queries. So if you want to stop this process, then you have to prevent Google from recording voice search history. Follow these steps:
- Login to your Google account
- Now Go to My Activity
- Click on Activity controls in the sidebar
- From there, toggle Voice and Audio activity as off
How to Restrict Google App from Using Phone’s Microphone
- Go to the Settings menu of your device
- Find Google app
- If you can’t find it, click on See all and locate it
- Once located, go to Permissions tab
- Now turn off the microphone permission
How to Turn On Google Voice Search
- On your Android phone or tablet or Computer open the Google app then Google Search
- At the bottom right corner, tap More and then Settings and then Voice
- Under “Hey Google,” tap Voice Match
- Turn on Hey Google
Examples of Google Voice Search Command
- Wi-Fi: “Turn on Wi-Fi” or “Turn off Wi-Fi.”
- Bluetooth: “Turn on Bluetooth” or “Turn off Bluetooth.”
- Flashlight: “Turn on my flashlight” or “Turn my flashlight off.”
- Find the time: “What time is it in New York?”
- Answer trivia questions: “Where was Albert Einstein born?”
- Get stock prices: “What’s the Google stock price?”
- Calculate the tip: “What’s the tip for 42 dollars?”
- Define the word: “What does gluttony mean?”
- Convert between units: “What’s 16 ounces in pounds?”
- Solve a math problem: “What’s the square root of 2209?”
- Search within apps on your device: “Search for Thai food on Yelp.”
FAQs about Google Voice Search
What happened to Google Voice Search?
There is nothing that happened to Google’s voice search. It’s that Google’s voice search button on Android is replaced with Google Assistant.Now the voice search shortcut is triggered by “OK Google,” the microphone button on the home screen widget.
What’s the difference between Google’s assistant and voice search?
Google voice search only provides the search result related to the query while the Google assistant tries to make those search results more accurate and accessible.
What is the name of Google’s voice assistant?
Google’s voice assistant doesn’t have any name, but Google voice assistant’s Amazon version is Alexa, Apple version is Siri, Microsoft version is Cortana.
Google voice search makes our daily life more convenient. If you are uncomfortable with Google storing your search queries, then this article will help you delete all the browsing history. Feel free to ask anything regarding Google voice search. Our experts will answer the questions.