Microsoft Publisher is a popular desktop publishing software developed by Microsoft Corporation. This application is different from Microsoft Word because Microsoft Publisher focuses on page layout and design rather than text composition and proofing. In fact, it is considered as a graphic design application and you can create a wide variety of publications like business cards, calendars, newsletters, greetings cards, postcards, flyers, invitations, etc. However, Microsoft Publisher is not available for Mac computers. But there is nothing to worry about because you can easily open Microsoft Publisher files on your Mac computer. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Publisher files opening in the Mac computer and want to know the details about the process then read this article thoroughly. In this article, our experts have elaborated very simply about how you can open Publisher files on a Mac computer.
Features of Microsoft Publisher
- Professional-level effects for texts, shapes, and pictures
- Ability to use high-resolution picture backgrounds
- Mail merge and Personalization tools
- Supports drag-and-drop image importing and swapping
- Detailed ruler and guides for accurate measurements
- Document-sharing capabilities with default cloud-saving feature
- Supports saving high-res files using common image formats
- Supports importing photos from online albums like Flickr
How to Open Publisher Files on Mac Computer
There are quite a few free and simple ways available to open the Microsoft Publisher file on a Mac computer. They are:
- Export from Publisher PUB Format intoanother Format
- Convert Publisher Files Online Into another Format
- Open Publisher Files in LibreOffice
- Open Publisher Files in Office 2011 for Mac
- Install Windows to Run Publisher on Mac
Export from Publisher PUB Format into another Format
You can try this method if you have contact with the sender of the Publisher file or if you have another PC with Microsoft Publisher installed on it. So you can export the file from Publisher in another format. You can open the file in Microsoft Publisher and convert it into a format that is supported by a Mac computer. You can do this from File>Export>Change File Type in Publisher and select any of the Export options such as Create PDF/XPS Document, Publish HTML, etc. Then you can easily open the file on your Mac computer.
Convert Publisher Files Online Into another Format
You can convert the PUB file for free online to another format such as Word or PDF and then can open it on your Mac computer. There are lots of websites available where you can convert the Microsoft Publisher file for free. Now follow these simple steps:
- First, open a browser on your computer and go tohttps://www.zamzar.com/
- Now click on the “Choose Files” and upload the file you want to convert
- Choose a format to convert the filesuch as DOCX, PDF, PNG, etc.
- Enter the email address where you want to receive the converted file
- Finally, click on the “Convert” button
- Within a few seconds, you should receive the converted file on your mail
Open Publisher Files in LibreOffice
LibreOffice is a free, open-source application and it is an alternative to Microsoft Office for Mac. With the LibreOffice, you can open and edit the Microsoft Publisher file on the Mac computer. The process is very simple. Follow these steps:
- First, open the Microsoft Publisher fileusing LibreOffice
- Now create a document in another LibreOffice application like the LibreOffice Writer
- Then copy and paste each individual element of theMicrosoft Publisher file to the new document of LibreOffice Writer
- Finally, save the LibreOffice Writer document in any format supported by the selected LibreOffice application
Open Publisher Files in Office 2011 for Mac
Microsoft Office 2016 is the latest version for Mac computer but if you still have Microsoft Office 2011 installed on your Mac computer then you are in luck. This is because you can open a Microsoft Publisher file using Microsoft Office 2011. The Word App of Office 2011 comes with a publishing layout view feature. So you can use the layout to open the Publisher file. But the Office 2011 requires an RTF File to open it in publishing layout. So you have to convert the Publisher file to RTF format. There are websites available where you can easily convert the PUB format to RTF format.
Install Windows to Run Publisher on Mac
Last but not the least; you can install the Windows operating system on your Mac computer to open the Publisher file. Though it’s a time-consuming process if all the above methods fail then this is the last hope for you to open a Publisher file on Mac computer.
Using the above methods you can easily open a publisher file on a Mac computer. The methodsare very easy and you don’t have to be a computer expert to apply these methods. However, if you are facing any problem then feel free to ask in the comment section. Our experts will provide you the guidance.