Gaming headsets are specially designed for the gaming purpose and the big difference between the gaming headsets and other general headphones is the microphone that is included with the gaming headset. This type of headphone is unique and you can use the microphone to communicate with your friends or other fellow gamers when playing the game.
The ASTRO A40 and the ASTRO A50 are two very popular as well as premier gaming headsets for professional gamers, including sports athletes, content creators, and live streamers. Both these headsets feature a swappable precision mic and customizable Speaker Tags. Many gamers ask about the setup process of ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50. So in this article, our experts have elaborated on the setup process of ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50 on PC. Let’s check them out!
Features of ASTRO A40
- ASTRO A40 headsets are specifically tuned for gaming
- ASTRO Audio V2 provides a neutral, smooth, and extended frequency
- The A40 features lightweight but rugged construction with premium materials
- It has a highly sensitive uni-directional mic
- This headset supports customizable speaker tags
- ASTRO A40has synthetic leather noise-canceling ear cushions
- It has a padded headband and closed back Speaker Tags
- The 3.5mm jack provides compatibility with all the devices that include PC, Smartphones, tablets, etc.
Features of ASTRO A50
- The Dolby Audio ensure cinematic gaming audio that delivers clarity and sound directionality
- The ASTRO A50 comes with the built-in MixAmp technology that supports low-latency voice communication and optimized chat levels
- The A50 features flip-to-mute functionality for clear, accurate communication
- The USB sound card functionality ensure Voice Balancing so voice streaming delivered to more gamers
- The free ASTRO Command Center software gives you complete control over the audio experience
- The optional A50 Mod Kit allows users to add a synthetic leather headband and ear cushions for improved noise isolation
- This headset can deliver Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos on Xbox and PC
- The ASTRO A50 provides full 3D positional audio support for an unprecedented competitive edge
- The Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery of ASTRO holds 15+ hours of life
Setup ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50 on Windows and Mac PC
The setup process of ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50 is similar for Windows and Mac computers. In order to setup the headset, you require a few things. They are:
- A Windows PC or Mac computer
- The base station/AMP
- The micro USB cable
- A40/A50 headset
Before you connect the headset to the computer make sure it is fully charged.
Step 1 – Connect ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50 to PC/Mac Computer
- First, from the back of the base station slide the switch to PC mode
- Now with the USB cable connect the base station to the PC/Mac for its power
- Then align the microphone with the microphone slot and place the headset in the base station
- If the orange LED indicator lights up then the Headset is fully charged or connect the headset in the base station again
- If the base station displays the charge status it means the connection is successful
- If all the four battery status are on then it means the headset is fully charged
Step 2 – Configure the Sound Settings
Once you have connected the headset to the computer, you have to configure the sound settings correctly or you cannot able to optimally use the headset. Configuring the sound setting is different for Windows and Mac PC. Let’s check them out!
- First, go to the Start menu and then navigate to Control Panel and from there select Sound
- A menu will appear where you will find options related to Sound. Click on the Playback Devices tab
- Now select ASTRO A40/A50 Game and click with your right mouse button and from the available options set it as Default Device
- Then select ASTRO A40/A50 Voice and click with your right mouse button and from the available options set it as DefaultCommunication Device
- Now go to the Recording Devices tab
- Then select ASTRO A40/A50 Voice again and click with your right mouse button, and set it as Default Communication Device from the available options.
- First, go tothe Settings option of your Mac computer and select Sound
- Now go to the Output tab and select ASTRO A40/A50 Game
- Then go to the Input tab and select ASTRO A40/A50 Voice
I hope this article helps you setup ASTRO A40 and ASTRO A50 on your computer. If you are facing trouble while setting up these headsets, then feel free to ask any questions in the comment section. Our experts will provide you with the right solution.