Are you trying to reach a friend/family member/colleague via phone call or text message but you are reaching a dead end every time then there is a chance the person has blocked your phone number. There might be some reason for your contact ignoring your calls and messages. So if you are not sure whether your contact has blocked your number or not then you can try one or more of the following options on your Android phone to check if someone had blocked your number.
How to Find Out if Someone Blocked your Number on Android Phone
There are many ways you can verify if someone had blocked your number or not. Here are few accurate ways to find out if someone has blocked your number on Android Phone. These methods are tested by our team of experts and they are 100% working. They are:
- Count the Number of Rings Before Voicemail
- Check if your Contact Has Blocked You on WhatsApp
- Hide Your Caller ID to Find Out If Someone Blocked Your Number
- Use Alternate Number to Call Your Contact
- Remove Contact from the Contact List
Count the Number of Rings Before Voicemail
You have to call the person to confirm if he/she has blocked your number or not. While you are calling the person you have to check how many times it rings before it goes to the voice mail. If you call rings once and your call is redirected to voicemail right away, then you can suspect that your number might be blocked by that person. However, you also need to take into account other possibilities like the person has switched off his/her phone or set the calls to diverted to the voice mail and forgot to remove this setting.
Check if the Contact Has Blocked You on WhatsApp
If your contact has WhatsApp account then you can send a message and check if he/she has blocked your number. Follow these steps:
- Send a very simple message to the contact and check if he/she has received your message
- After sending the message start watching for check marks next to the sent message
- You will see the first check mark as soon as you send the message
- The second check mark will appear when the message is received on the recipient’s phone
- However, if your message got only one check mark then it confirms that your contact has most likely blocked you on WhatsApp as well
Hide Your Caller ID to Find Out If Someone Blocked Your Number
This is an excellent way to become sure if someone has blocked your number or not. Follow these simple steps to turn off the caller id and try to call your contact:
- First, open the Phone App on your Android Phone
- Now click on the “More”option of your phone
- Now from the appeared options tap on Settings
- On the next screen, tap on “Advanced Option”
- Then click on the “Show My caller ID”
- From the pop-up menu, tap on Hide Number and click OK
Now your caller id is hidden and tries making a call to your person. This time your phone number will not be visible to your Contact so observe what happens. If your contact receives your call or your call directly goes to voice mail then you can be sure that your number is blocked.
Use Alternate Number to Call Your Contact
You can try calling your contact from another number if possible. If you contact answer the call from another number then it is clear that your contact has blocked your number. This is a very simple but effective method to find out whether your contact had blocked your number or not.
Remove Contact from the Contact List
This is another great way of confirming whether your number has been blocked by your contact or not. Follow these steps:
- First, open the Contacts app on your Android Phone
- Find out the number of the contact that you feel has blocked your number
- Then tap on the Contact Name
- Now tap on “More” from the top right corner of the contact name
- From there click on the “Delete” and delete the contact from your phone
- Now start composing a new message and type the contact name on the top section and see what happen
- If the contact name appears then it is more likely he/she hasn’t blocked your number
- But, if the contact name doesn’t appear then it is more likely he/she has blocked your number
Is there anything that you need to know or want to ask about the blocked number on Android phones? Feel free to leave your question in the comment section. I will get to you soon.